Struggling to clean your floor with your old mop and bucket? Dirt and grime is a daily challenge to clean? It’s maybe time to consider steam to clean your floors.
In fact, steam cleaners are really efficient. They are even considered as cleaning tools to disinfect hospitals(1). Plus, they are very easy to use.
But which one is the best? What are the criteria you should consider? In my review, I help you to choose the best steam cleaner, based on objective criteria.
Let’s get started.
My Top Picks
- Best Overall - McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
- Best Runner-up - McCulloch MC1385 Deluxe Steam Cleaner
- Best Budget - BISSELL 39N7A/39N71 Steam Shot Deluxe Hard-Surface Cleaner
- Best Multi-purpose - Costway 2000W Multipurpose Steam Cleaner
- Best Steam Mop And Vacuum Combination - Bissell Symphony Vac and Steam 2 in 1
- Best for Deep Cleaning Floors - Pure Enrichment PureClean Steam Cleaner
- Best Design - Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System
- Best professional - Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner
- Best for Wallpaper - Wagner Spraytech 0282036 715 Steam
- Best for Handheld - SteamFast SF-210 Everyday Steam Cleaner
- It is a multi-purpose cleaner: with it, you can clean appliances, floors, outdoor furniture, countertops, grout & tile, most flooring.
- Thanks to the 15 feet power cord and a 9-foot steam hose, this cleaner can reach and clean tight spots.
- The steam level of the machine is dominant for a cleaner of its weight and size.
- It features a convenient locking button. With it, no need to continuously press the button for the steam to keep flowing as you clean.
- Due to the enormous water tank, the strongest McCulloch MC1275 allows you to stream non-stop for about 45 minutes.
- It boasts of 18 different accessories, which make it easier to clean everything from upholstery to windows.
- get rid of water stains from your bathroom fixtures,
- keep your auto upholstery refreshed,
- give your oven a sparkle,
- and tidy your grout lines.
- With a 64-ounce water tank, you can clean up to 2 hours of continuous steam.
- It has a long cord for extra reach: 18-foot cord long + 10-foot steam hose which makes it also very maneuverable.
- The McCulloch MC1385 has a unit boast of variable control power: this way you can control the output and tackle the more delicate tasks.
- It comes with a great floor mop attachment which allows to clean surfaces such as tile or wood floors.
- It has also 2 additional and practical accessories: a brush to clean the most hardened grease (such as barbecue grills grease) and a squeegee attachment to clean mirrors and windows.
- With it, you can clean hard surfaces, especially wood and tile floors.
- This budget cleaner gets rid of tough grime and stains by shooting a precise burst of steams.
- With a 20 feet power cord, this unit has a long cable (maybe longer than most other similar and high-end products)
- Unlike other steam cleaners that wait for 3 minutes and above to produce steams, with this cleaner you only need 30 seconds.
- It is portable and lightweight.
- It’s particularly efficient for spot cleaning.
- clean your floors
- make your mirrors glass and tiles shine
- wash your carpet
- remove grime & grease in your kitchen
- iron your clothes
- drive out mites
- It saves me (a lot of) time by allowing me to vacuum and steam clean at the same time.
- The water tank has a large capacity with 12.8 oz
- This vacuum cleaner – steamer machine is equipped with a smart set digital setting. It allows you to switch between steam, vacuum or both.
- The Dry Tank Technology is essential (to me): it leaves debris dry while you are steaming your floor.
- Included are 2 mops: 1 soft and 1 scrubby, depending on the surfaces you want to clean.
- You can clean safely the following surfaces: hardwood, tiles, linoleum, marble, and granite.
- The PureClean XL is a compact and lightweight canister-style cleaner that is easy to move and use in your house..
- With a 1.5-liter water holding capacity, it produces enough steam in less than 10 minutes for a 45 minutes operation.
- This cleaner delivers in-depth cleaning for all types of surfaces, including ceramic surfaces, window panes, doorways, carpets, automobiles, and more.
- For more comfortable movement, the cleaner has a long hose and 16-foot power cord along with maneuverable wheels.
- It is equipped with a powerful steam flow, strong body, and a boiler that is resistant to corrosion – all these features add up to a durable and efficient steam cleaner.
- Vapamore MR-100 Primo can both clean and sanitize simultaneously using only steam, without releasing any chemical.
- It can kill any insect we well as other pollutants and allergens that are on the surface it runs over.
- Additionally, it has a steaming power of 1.5kw. And it can heat about 1.6 liters to about 220° Fahrenheit.
- You can use the device for a complete 60 minutes without the need to refill.
- One of the major benefits of this product is that it cleans and sanitizes using high temperatures. While being able to reach a temperature of about 275° Fahrenheit, the Dupray Tosca can kill germs and 99 percent of bacteria.
- With a wide range of attachments and accessories that offer flexibility, the Dupray is effective on any surface (this is what the manufacturer says), either at home or for your business.
- With a tank capacity of 1600 ml, you will get up to 90 minutes of cleaning time.
- This cleaning machine is portable and lightweight.
- One of the main features is the on-demand steam control which allows you to use the steam intermittently or for an extended period.
- In order to properly clean and sanitize, the Wagner Spraytech kills 99 percent of the bacteria, viruses, and pathogens.
- With the 8 ft steam hose, you can cover a large area, and the two extension tubes offer better reach.
- Unlike some of its competition, this one has a green power light indicator that indicates the machine to ready for operation.
I elected the McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner, the best overall.
Because this steam cleaner is versatile, powerful, and at a reasonable price.
For more details :
According to massive customer reviews, this MC1275 sanitizes everything it touches.
With it, you can :
To use it, you have to wait for 8 minutes to make steams.
After having used it, you also need to wait for about 10 minutes to cool down before refill.
Be careful when using it; you should not let the steam hit you (burning risks).
Personally, I have not had a chance to test it. But…more than 4500 reviews can’t lie. It is very efficient and powerful when it comes to clean various AND different surfaces.
Overall, this cleaning tool can tackle anything and produce excellent performance.
Read Full Review: McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner Review
Yes, the MC1385 is an investment. But it is well worth every penny and this is why I choose this steam cleaner to be the best runner-up.
In particular :
Overall, this cleaner is well equipped. In total, it accumulates 23 accessories.
The best part?
You just need to use water in it to obtain robust and natural cleaning. It performs all the functions of a steam cleaner at high speed. All in all, it is a powerful performer on all front from the window sills and hard floors to rug and tiles.
The Bissell 39N7A Steam Cleaner is a simple and affordable option.
If you’re looking to put the power of steam cleaning in your hand for an affordable price, this machine is right for you.
Its characteristics are:
It is also versatile and practical thanks to its 11 accessories. And of course, it is very affordable – the best budget on my list. Also and it’s a personal opinion, I find its design very lovely and trendy.
Finally, if you buy this product, you are also doing something good for pets. Indeed, the manufacturer Bissell supports its foundation, the “BISSELL Pets Foundation”, that helps to save home
Read Full Review: Bissell Steam Shot Handheld Hard Surface Steam Cleaner Review
I choose the Costway Multipurpose Steam Cleaner to be the best multi-purpose on my list.
And it’s not because its name suggests it.
Thanks to its 14 accessories, you can :
Which makes it one of the most versatile cleaner of my list.
Furthermore, it produces about 2kw of cleaning power which makes sure no amount of stains, grease grime, can go scot-free. Plus, it delivers water to the nozzles at very high pressure, which makes it very efficient.
The downside, however, is: the 51oz water tank needs up to 5 minutes to heat up before use to produce 45 minutes of continuous steam only.
More instructions on how to use it:
Are you looking for a good all-in-one option to vacuum AND steam your floors? Then, the Bissell Symphony is the perfect steam cleaner for you.
I LOVE this steam-vacuum cleaner (yes, I have tested it).
And for the following reasons:
Being able to vacuum and clean at the same time was a determining criterion for me.
What I don’t like, however, is the fact that there is a cord (and which is quite long on this model). Even if this model is efficient, I am also a big fan of cordless devices.
Also, I recommend you to use ONLY water in the tank (or a Bissell cleaning solution). I once used water + vinegar and this was a complete disaster.
My steam cleaner simply stopped working. But thanks to the great Bissell support, I was able to replace it for free.
I just had a warning from the company that I had to use only water or adapted cleaning solutions (otherwise, they won’t be able to help me further).
Not that bad, right?
Best For Deep Cleaning
If you’re looking for a good steam cleaner to deep clean your house, the Pure Enrichment PureClean is a great fit for you.
Customers report it as super powerful for any surfaces, leaving areas perfectly clean.
And there is more.
This steam cleaner comes with 18 accessories required to clean your home proficiently. Although it weighs about 15 pounds, which is a bit heavy, several customers confirm that the weight is not a significant issue.
Interestingly, Pure Enrichment boasts of a 5-year warranty.
Overall, this cleaning machine is a must-buy for users looking for both cost-effectiveness and quality.
The Vapamore MR-100 Primo Steam Cleaning System is powerful AND has the best ergonomic design.
Maybe, these characteristics:
So…This is a complete and powerful cleaner with a great design.
The fact that you can clean and steam for 60 minutes makes it an interesting product.
Finally, here is a video from the manufacturer on how to use it:
The Dupray Tosca Steam Cleaner is a real performer.
A little bit expensive?
Not a problem,
It promises you professional cleaning of various surfaces.
Besides, filling up this clean steam is quite simple: all you need to do is unscrew the cap and fill it.
Made in Italy, it comes with 25 accessories.
Here is an instructional video of the manufacturer Dupray :
Overall, this steamer is quite expensive. However, you’ll get a professional cleaning at home.
So, if you have money to invest in a professional cleaner, this one is right for you.
The Wagner Spraytech is a great wallpaper remover: this is why I elected it the best steam cleaner for wallpaper on my list.
But how does it work?
Quite simple in fact:
- With this steam cleaner, steam the wallpaper.
- Once softened, strip and remove it.
On the downsides:
- The manufacturer recommends the use of distilled water because the heating element is a bit sensitive.
- It weighs about 16 pounds which makes it a bit heavy. With that said, this cleaner features two huge rear wheels which makes it easier to move around.
All in all, this cleaner is a (very cheap) solution to remove your wallpaper easily. Very practical if you undertake work in large areas.
Steamfast SF-210 Everyday Steam Cleaner is a very practical handheld steam cleaner.
- The Steamfast SF-210 is equipped with a powerful 1.5kw engine which allows the steamer heating system to become hot within 3 minutes.
- This handheld cleaner provides in-depth cleaning as well as sanitizing the surface without using any chemical – Just water.
- The 48 oz water tank of its handheld unit is capable of offering up to 45 minutes of non-stop steaming.
- Other valuable features include a steam ready light, on/off a light switch, big rear wheels (for smooth movement), and a 12-foot power cord.
- The Steamfast SF-210 has 17 different accessories which provide further convenience and versatility.
- This handheld unit comes with a steam on demand button which allows you to clean without bordering yourself pressing a particular trigger for an extended period.
- This steamer can work efficiently with regular tap water.
Now It’s Your Turn…
I hope you enjoyed my review of the best steam cleaner of 2021.
Now I would like to hear from you:
- Which one is your best steamer?
- Have you tested several steamers on my list?
Let me know by leaving a comment below.