Do you know what the greatest invention of the cleaning industry is? That’s right - carpet cleaners. Even though you can find different types of vacuum cleaners available in the market, portable spot cleaners are racing ahead of the competition when it comes to efficiency and ease of use. Others might be good for loose debris, but when it comes to cleaning spills or stains, a portable handheld carpet cleaner nails the job.
What makes them so special? Portable carpet cleaners have a unique built which allows them to use warm water in combination with upholstery cleaners to get underneath the stains and remove them for good. Whether it is your home or the vehicle, this fine tool can reach the unreachable spots and clean them without a hustle. Red wine or bacon grease, you can clean even the most stubborn stains. This also means that you no longer have to worry about the vacuum cord not reaching the right spots.
Portable carpet and upholstery cleaners not only save you from extra hours of cleanup but are also super accessible in case of any emergency spill or pet stain. Their handiness makes the cleaning process a lot easier and faster. So, we think it’s time for you to ditch your big, bulky cleaners and get a sleek, handy and easy to use a portable carpet cleaner. In this article, we will provide you with reviews on top portable carpet cleaners and a buyer’s guide.
Advantages of Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Portable carpet and upholstery cleaners have many advantages over regular vacuum cleaners. Their compact and small size allows you to easily carry and move them around in the house. This tool is best for cleaning tight areas with ease and perfection. Here are some of the great advantages of portable carpet and upholstery cleaners.
Handheld carpet cleaners are nearly half the size of a regular vacuum cleaner. Yes, you read it right, almost half the size.
Their compact size not only makes them portable but also perfect to store in tight spaces. You can easily place them in small space areas such as dorm rooms, small apartments and RVs.
Small size leads to less weight. Most of the best portable cleaners weigh less than five pounds. The lightweight design makes them the best choice for spot-on cleanup. Cleaning the staircase is not a difficult task anymore. You can simply hold the cleaner in your hand to reduce the chances of it falling down the stairs.
Ease of Use
Portable carpet and upholstery cleaners are very easy to use and highly user-friendly - even kids can operate this machine without any complication. It makes the cleaning process a breeze. Their compact design, lightweight and small size add a lot to its ease of use.
Quick and Spot-on Cleaning
For instant cleaning, these machines work the best. Whether it’s a spot stain in a small area or a large, deep stain in an extended portion, you can grab the portable cleaner and clean it right away. This is the best tool designed for quick lounge clean up after dinner, or a thorough pet hair cleanup of the couch.
Whether you prefer a spot cleaner with cord or cordless, they all are highly portable. You can easily clean the hard-to-reach areas whether it’s the stairs, the upholsteries, or the car interior.
The Best Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner: Products’ Reviews
Enough with the basics, let's start with the products that make the best options out there. Even though a stain remover like Bissell SpotClean Pro (3624) is good to clean up any type of mess, including red wine and bacon grease stains, but more options are also available that can help you clean all types of fabric.
Best Carpet and Upholstery Spot Cleaner: BISSELL 2694 Portable Spot and Stain Carpet Cleaner
Product FeaturesThe Bissell 2694 has powerful features which make them one of the industry’s best.
- Heatwave Technology: The Bissell 2694 carries a unique heatwave technology which helps it in maintaining water temperature during the cleanup. You do not have to worry about keeping the water warm. Simple add hot tap water and watch it do the rest.
- Deep Stain Tool: This is the tool that does the magic. It can dispense the cleaning formula deep into the carpets to remove old, rough stains.
- Tough Stain Tool: Another great tool is the tough stain tool. As the name suggests, this tool quickly is designed for tough and hard-to-reach stains. It works great for cleaning upholstery and stairs.
- Hydro Rinse Self-Cleaning Hose Tool: The most important feature that makes this cleaner one of the best is the self-cleaning ability. In this feature, the cleaner rinses the hose after use to remove coagulation, pet hair, built-up debris, and enduring stench.
- Easy to Store: The Bissell 2964 has a sleek, compact design. You can simply store it inside a cabinet or under the sink for easy and quick access.
The GoodLet’s admit it, getting a cleaner which can clean itself is a dream come true. We all know that nothing annoys more than cleaning a clogged-up machine during a cleanup. With 2964, you can enjoy the peace of mind by simply using its hydro rinse self-cleaning hose tool after every use.It gives the best result for occasional spills.
The BadHowever, there is one small catch when it comes to the Bissell 2964’s features. While it offers many other advanced and latest features, it does not offer the automatic hands-free cleaning mode.
Best Carpet and Upholstery Tough Stain Cleaner: Bissell 5201F Portable Spot Cleaner
Product FeaturesThe Bissell 5201F has astounding features. It works great for cleaning rugs, upholstery and stairs.
- Tough Cleaner: This carpet cleaner works wonders when used with Bissell Spot & Stain and Oxy Boost formula. It used the heated cleaning method to permanently eradicate the tough stains.
- Multiples Surfaces Cleaner: The Bissell 5201f can clean different kinds of surfaces, including carpets, furniture, stairs, rugs, etc.
- Heatwave Technology: 5201F also has state-of-the-art heatwave technology to maintain water temperature while cleaning. Heated cleaning makes the process more absolute and thorough.
- Deep Stain Tool: You can use this tool for cleaning the occasional spills.
- Tough Stain Tool: This tool will help in cleaning the tough and old stains, you are tired of cleaning. Using this feature, you can scrub the floor off and get rid of tricky stains easily.
- Hydro Rinse Self-Cleaning Hose Tool: Using this feature, you can stay assured about the quality of cleaning. It can keep you from facing the problem of a clogged machine.
- Easy to Store: A sleek and compact design allows you to store Bissell 5201F in a tight space. For easy access, simply put it in a cabinet or under the sink if you want.
The GoodBissell 5201F has two separate tanks for clean and dirty water. This gives quality cleanup and peace of mind as you can see through the water tanks. You can simply remove the tanks to fill or empty them. Also, the slim and lightweight design makes its movement and storage easy.The hydro-rinse self-cleaning tool is our all-time favorite tool. It helps in keeping the hose clean after every use. Hence, you will not have to worry about your machine getting clogged in the middle of a cleanup.
The BadAlthough it makes the process super easy, emptying the water tanks can get messy. Especially if you have to do it during the drill. Moreover, this unit takes comparatively more cleaning solution to get underneath the stains. However, it can remove them permanently so we can bear with this fact.
Best Hand-held Cordless Cleaner for Pets: Bissell 2458 Pet Pro Portable Carpet Cleaner
Product FeaturesOn top of common Bissell features, the pet pro 2458 has some more amazing features to leave you awestruck.
- Pet Pro: By combining the powerful suction, professional pet cleaning solution with a quick brushing action, 2458 removes the toughest pet stains in a go.
- Powerful Suction: 2458 is equipped with superior quality suction to eradicate pet stains, hair, odor and liquids for good.
- Multiples Surface Cleaner: The Bissell 2458 is great for cleaning multiple surfaces, including upholstery, rugs, stairs, carpets, etc.
- Large Capacity Tank: To avoid refills in shorts spans, the pet pro 2458 has a ¾ gallons capacity. This allows you to go farther between refills. You obviously wouldn’t like to fill the tank time and again during a cleanup.
- Stain Trapper Tool: This is the tool that makes 2458 best for pet owners. This tool keeps the pet and other liquid stains inside itself. So, your machine does not have to deal with them directly. It stays clean and clear of odor.
- Extra Length: 2458 comes with a five-ft long hose and 22-ft power chord. The extra length helps you in reaching the hardest places.
- Professional Grade Formula: Bissell provides the best formulae for pet stain cleaning along with 2458. It removes the stains deeply, leaving no trace behind.
The GoodAs a pet owner, how many times have you wished for a machine with a tool that can keep the pet liquids out of your tank? With the Bissell 4258, your wish has been granted. The self-contained tool is the best feature of this cleaner. It keeps the liquids inside and out of the machine’s tank. You can carry on with the cleaning without cleaning the tank first.Moreover, with an extra five-ft length, the Bissell 4258 takes the lead on its other counterparts. It makes cleaning the hard-to-reach parts easy and quick.
The BadThe only downside of 2458 is that it does not have the Bissell’s heat-wave technology. This means that you will have to maintain the temperature of the water. You can do that by adding hot water.
Best Crevices and Corners Portable Spot Cleaner: Bissell 14259 Portable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Product FeaturesThe Bissell 14259 is considered the best upholstery cleaner available in the market, owing to its classical features.
- Multiples Surfaces Cleaner: The Bissell 14259 is specially designed for cleaning upholstery with the hard-to-reach place. However, it also works great for several other surfaces, including rugs, carpets, stairs and auto, etc.
- Dirty Tank Capacity: It offers a dirty tank capacity of 48 ounces.
- Easy to Use: The light and compact design of 14259 allows you to easily carry this cleaner and move around. The tanks are easy to clean, empty and refill.
- In-built Heater: With the help of a built-in heater, the 14259 enhances cleaning results by heating the mixture of water and cleaning formula.
- 2-in-1 Crevice Tool: It comes with a special tool for deep cleaning into crevices and corners, using the combo of spray and suction.
- Tough Stain Tool: The conventional Bissell three inches tough stain tool also comes with this machine. It helps in cleaning the occasional spills.
- Professional Grade Formula: The 14259 comes with a professional cleaning Stain & Odor formula. It especially helps in loosening and removing stains and debris.
The GoodThe 2-in-1 crevice tool makes this cleaner the best choice for cleaning the furniture. With a common cleaner, you cannot reach the corners and crevices of the upholstery. But with 14259, you can wash and dry the stains using the brush, spray and suction.Another great thing about this cleaner is the in-built heater. When the cleaning formula is hot, it makes cleaning quick and easy. The assembly of this cleaner is also very simple. It requires only three steps to assemble this machine.
The BadThe built of dirty water tank is a little complicated. It requires a little more effort in cleaning the intake hose and the dirty water tank.
Best Cordless Spot Cleaner for Vehicle Detailing: Bissell 1570 Cordless Portable Spot Cleaner
Product FeaturesThe Bissel 1570 has amazing cleanup features, making it an excellent choice to take along on the next road trip.
- Highly Portable: The Bissell 1570 is highly portable, owing to its rechargeable battery. You can take it anywhere to keep the neighborhood clean.
- Versatility: Cordless convenience makes 1570 a great choice for cleaning stairs, auto interiors, upholstery, outdoor furniture, and other unreachable areas
- Easy to Carry: The compact, sleek and lightweight design of 1570 allows you to reach the places, a corded cleaner wouldn’t. This makes it the optimal choice to use on stairs and auto interior.
- Rechargeable Battery: The Bissell 1570 is equipped with a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery for robust performance. It gives you a 20-minutes run time.
- 3-in-1 stair tool: It comes with a 3-in-1 stair tool, specially designed to clean the edges, corners, treads and hidden spots of the carpeted stairs.
- Professional Grade Formula: 1570 comes with the Bissell’s Oxy Boost formula. It helps in instantly cleaning the long-set dust and stains.
The GoodWith an efficient battery system and effective tools, 1570 is highly recommended for car detailing. This cleaner helps in cleaning the in and out of the car with maximum efficiency. Also, you no longer have to worry about the electricity connections near the car as 1570 runs on a rechargeable battery.
The BadThe battery run-time is only 20 minutes. This means that if your car needs more details, it will have to wait until the cleaner gets charged again. Also, you cannot remove the hose for cleaning. But there are other methods to take care of it.Tip: Try to suction a small amount of clean water after every use to keep the hose clean and clear of debris and dirt.
Best Rugs and Soft Fabric Stain Cleaner: Rug Doctor Portable Spot Cleaner
Product FeaturesRug Doctor portable spot cleaner does all the hard work for you with wonderful features.
- Highly Portable: You can take it inside or outside, wherever the mess happens. This lightweight but a powerful machine can squeaky clean rugs, carpets, mattresses, pet beds, upholsteries and vehicles (including boats and RVs).
- Motorized brush: The Rug Doctor spot cleaner does all the scrubbing for you. You no longer need elbow grease. The handheld motorized brush rotates 1200 times per minute, scouring fibers deep inside the carpet to loosen up set-in stains.
- High Power Suction: The most attractive feature of the Rug Doctor is its twice the suction power in comparison to other portable spot cleaners. This highly powerful suction removes tough stains and quickly dries the surface. It not only eliminates the visible stains but also extracts the odor by scrubbing deep down the surface.
- Removable Tanks: The two-tanks assembly helps in keeping the dirty and clean water separate. You can simply fill and empty tanks without creating a mess.
- Easy to Store: The compact and slim design of the Rug Doctor amazing portable spot cleaner allows it easily fits on a single stair step. You can keep it inside your car and take it anywhere else you want to clean. You can also store it in the cabinets or closets for easy access.
- Easy to Carry: One of the best features of this spot cleaner is the easy-carry handle. It allows you to lift the lightweight machine and carry around.
- Roller Wheels: Cleaning is more fun when you are on a roll. Rug Doctor is a unique portable spot cleaner which has durable carpet-friendly wheels so you can easily glide it on the carpet without getting stuck. It also carries a retractable handle so you can have a hold of it.
The GoodThis spot cleaner has so many great features. Its rolling wheels and a retracting handle make it unique and extraordinary. The powerful suction makes sure no dirt is left behind. However, the pristine technology of the Rug Doctor takes the lead as the best feature. It helps in effectively scrubbing the surfaces using the rotating bristles.Note that it does not use any heat or steam technology as it can damage the soft surfaces. The powerful suctions make sure to extract stains and odors permanently while shortening the dry time for soft types of fabric.
The BadAlthough the Rug Doctor spot cleaner’s water tank is removable, it is slightly difficult to refill. The reason behind is that it cannot stand up on its own. You need to hold it till the water fill up. Not everyone finds it as an issue, but for some, it is inconvenient.
Best Portable Pet Stains Eliminator: Bissell Pet Stain Eraser Cordless Portable Carpet Cleaner
Product FeaturesBissel designed this pet stain cleaner to assist you with its remarkable features.
- Highly Portable: This lithium-powered, handheld carpet cleaner gives you the freedom of lifting stains, spots and spills from carpets, rugs and upholstery anytime, anywhere. Just grab it and go.
- All-in-One: This machine is a one-man show. Without getting your hands dirty, use this one machine to spray the stain with the cleaning fluid, scrub it and suction the stain up to remove it for good.
- Easy to Carry: The Bissell pet stain cleaner weighs less than five pounds. You can carry it around and clean all you want without getting tired.
- Rechargeable Battery: This machine carries a Lithium-ion rechargeable battery for thorough performance. It gives you a 15-minutes run time.
- Stationary Spot and Stain Brush: It comes with as stationery spot and stain brush to ensure cleaning of rough and tough pet stains.
- Easy to Clean and Maintain: The pet stain cleaner has a removable nozzle. You can easily take it out and clean it to avoid any dirt or debris build-up.
- Ready-to-Use Formula: This unit does not require a combination of water and cleaning formula. It features a ready-to-use formula. You can use it directly whenever needed. It comes with the Professional Spot & Stain + Oxy formula to instantly and permanently remove spills and stains from upholsteries and rugs. Also, you can store the formula in the unit, which makes it always ready to use.
The GoodThe ready-to-go formula feature makes this unit a unique choice. You don’t have to use water or maintain a specific temperature to get optimal results. This makes cleaning quick and instant. Accidental spills can happen anytime. It is always good to be ready.
The BadThe battery run-time is only 15 minutes. This creates a little issue when the spillage is more than expected. You might have to wait for it to get recharged before you start again.
Buying a portable spot cleaner is tricky since there are many different kinds of upholstery and spot cleaners available in the market. However, not every portable cleaner is designed equal. Some work best for carpets and rugs, others are great for furniture and stairs. There are many different features to consider when you decide to buy one.
It is always better to study the important and unimportant features thoroughly before you pick one. The decision largely depends on why you need it. If you want to clean large area carpets, look for the ones with the large-capacity tanks. Whereas if you want one for vehicle detailing, it is better to get one with a flexible hose.
So, to help you in making a wise decision, we have made a list of important and unimportant features. Scour through the list and decide which unit suits you the best.
First of all, let’s start with the important features. You might not want to compromise over them. These are the ones which will define how good the results will be.
The best carpet and upholstery cleaners extract all kinds of rough and set-in stains – oil, red wine, bacon grease, indigo dye, runny eggs and tannin – from all types of fabrics. It should remove all the traces within a few minutes in a few passes using the scrubber. However, if it does not start to fade even after that, it’s probably staying forever.
Also, the best carpet and upholstery cleaners use only enough cleaning solution, it can scrub off while scrubbing. This ensures quick-drying, keeping the fabric from microbial growth. However, not all cleaners are capable of this. Some are too good, while others are average.
Easy to Use:
The best carpet and upholstery cleaners are easy to assemble and easy to use. User should not need to consult the manual time and again. Also, clean and dirty water tanks should be clearly labelled. The solution tank should be marked as well. You should be easily able to figure out where the cleaning solution needs to go.
Some of the best carpet and upholstery cleaners have fill lines on the solution tank. One of them indicates a full solution load to take care of rough and set-in stains. The other is for a quick clean, using a small amount of solution.
Also, it is best if the tanks are flat-bottomed so you can easily put them on a surface while filling with water or solution. Furthermore, dirty tanks should be easy to hand-clean. It’s better if they have removable lids. However, the lids should be tightly fixed so that no solution drips from cracks.
Moreover, the unit should be portable and easy to move around. It should have a handle for easy handling. It’s also best if all the attachments attach somewhere on the machine. This way you will not have to store them separately neither will you ever lose them.
Another great feature of a portable cleaner can offer is hands-free cleaning. However, most of the best models in the market lack this quality.
Lightweight and Compact
We don’t like a cleaner that makes us feel tired after every use. The best carpet and upholstery cleaners are lightweight, compact and easy to carry around. So, you can use them easily and store them in a convenient space after use.
Keep in mind that size does not affect the cleaning performance of a unit in any way. A heavy, bulky cleaner does not guarantee perfect cleaning. After being tired and exhausted, you might still end up with stain.
Also, portable cleaners are supposed to be lightweight so you can easily move them around. While most of the best ones weigh less than 14 pounds, only a few are heavier but not more than 15 to 17 pounds.
These are the features which are good to have but are not mandatory. Hence, if any one of these isn’t present in your machine, it would not affect its cleaning performance. Therefore, it is better not to sweat on any of these.
The Number of Scrubbing Tools or Cleaning Attachments:
Every carpet and upholstery cleaner comes with at least one cleaning tool. Some of them have two or even more, specifically designed to clean corners, crevices or hard-to-reach places. They all look different in size and shape, but they all work well and quite similar since the basic purpose of a portable cleaner is to clean anyway.
Hence, in our opinion, you don’t have to look for the one with the highest number of attachments. It will not make much of a difference. Therefore it’s better to focus on the basic features.
All the cleaners in the market come with an eight oz bottle of cleaning formula. They all have different names but the same purpose. An eight oz bottle is enough to fill a standard-sized solution tank twice in combination with water.
Therefore if you are going to use your cleaner only a few times a year, you will not need to buy another bottle for a year or two. However, if you think that you are going to use it more often than it is better to buy a 32 oz bottle of cleaning formula. It should not be more than 10-12$.
About the cleaning formula brands, they all work fine. Hence, you don’t need to sweat on the brands. Just get one you feel right about. It is more important to find out whether your spot cleaner can handle water-based cleaning formulas or not.
Do you think that a high-power motor will give better vacuum suction resulting in better cleaning? Well here is the shocker, it does not. Take our word that a heavy and super-loud motor cannot guarantee thorough cleaning. There are examples where some of the best cleaners run at four or five amps while a few worst ones run at ten amps.
A loud motor can give surely give you a headache, but it does not ensure perfect cleaning. Therefore, it is better to worry about the cleaning performance of the suction than its power.
Power Cord Length
All carpet and upholstery cleaners come with a power chord longer than 14 feet. Some of them are even equipped with a chord having a length of 20 feet or more. This length is enough for almost all kinds of situations.
Hence, you don’t have to go around looking for a cleaner with the lengthiest cord. This won’t make a lot of difference. You might also end up trying to untangle the scrambled wire. However, if you want to use a cordless cleaner, there are a few good models to try.
The effectiveness of heated cleaning cannot be questioned. However, with the carpet cleaners, it turned out that the drop-in temperature of the cleaning solution doesn’t matter. This is probably because when you need a cleaner in an emergency spill, you cannot wait for the in-built heater to warm the solution first.
Other elements like stain type, formula strength, type of fabric will affect the cleaning more than the temperature of the solution.
Although having wheels under carpet cleaners can excite some people, but for most of them, they just add extra weight. Wheels look like an unnecessary addition with a 13-15 pounds machine. Hence, if it is made light enough, most people will prefer carrying it around rather than dragging it on their carpets and rugs.
Water Tank Capacity
Although it is good if the tank can hold more solution, since this machine is designed for spot cleaning, it is not mandatory. Even a small tank with 35 oz capacity is good enough for spot cleaning. Therefore, don’t spend extra time looking for the one with the largest tank as it will not affect the cleanup.
Care and Maintenance
Maintenance and care for carpet and upholstery cleaners are a must, but you cannot just clean and maintain all units in one similar way. Every model is different and needs special cleaning and maintenance in a certain way.
However, there are some tips and techniques you can try to get the desired results for almost all types.
A problem everyone faces is usually the mineral build up in the plastic receptacle. It generally occurs due to the repeated use of tap water.
This can be avoided or minimized by using only the required amount of the solution. The excess solution leads to mineral build up in the container.
In addition to that, only distilled water can be used. This might help lengthen the product’s life. Although it is not compulsory to use distilled water, you can do that if you choose to. Bissell suggests the cleaning of the suction gate might result in improved quality and performance.
To Clean the Suction Gate:
You are required to remove the dirty water tank and unscrew the suction gate door.
The next step is to wipe it clean and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
Afterwards, screw it back in place.
To keep the upholstered furniture in perfect condition, follow some simple tips. These easy tips and techniques listed below may result in lengthening the life span of your upholstered furniture:
Make a routine to vacuum to prevent dirt and dust from gathering on the fabric and wearing it away.
It is recommended to rotate, flip, and fluff the cushions to make sure of an even wear (As wear, in general, is unavoidable). This tip helps increase longevity and durability.
It is recommended to avoid placing your furniture under direct sunlight.
Furthermore, hire a professional cleaning service for your furniture and upholstery once a year.
Always check your upholstery’s cleaning codes before applying any sort of cleaning product.
Always use good cleaning formulas for your furniture and upholstery.
It is suggested to use cleaning formulas instead of boiling water.
While using the machine for cleaning, it is recommended to scrub the stain in back and forth motion while soaking it in the cleaning formula off and on. Generally, two or three squirts do the work, as most of the work is being done by the vacuum.
Also, some stains are very tough and may require a pretreatment formula in addition to the regular one. However, the whole procedure completely depends on the severity and nature of the stain.
And last but not least, the best guidance and advice to keep your carpet and upholstery cleaner in perfect condition is to consult the manual. You must read it thoroughly and get to know your machine. All these machines available in the market are significantly different from one and other. These have different features, stress points, and specifications. You cannot treat all in the same way.
Recommended care and maintenance for every specific type elongates its life span and durability.
Why Don’t We Like Steam Cleaners for Carpet and Upholstery?
Steam cleaners have a completely different strategy for cleaning than the portable carpet and upholstery cleaners that use cleaning formula. The whole process starts with an internal heating system which heats the water to steam and forces it out of a pressurized nozzle. The steam loosens the dirt and stains. You can then use a cloth or towel to wipe them away.
Steam cleaners do not use any cleaning formulae or suction strategy. They are often recommended for use on fabric, but we wouldn’t suggest that. The reason behind is that steam cleaners do less cleaning and more damage to the fabric. They make the water hot enough to not only kill all the germs and microbes but also damage the fabric fibers.
They can disinfect the carpet but at the cost of fabric damage. However, the effective cleanup is not one of the results you will get. Even if you follow all the instructions in the manual, these machines are not capable of doing the trick. No matter how many times you work the nozzle back-and-forth and use the towel to clean it, this just won’t remove it completely.
Moreover, this rubbing with a cloth can also result in spreading the stain around. It can dull the stain but not eradicate it. You probably don’t want this type of result. In the instruction manual, the manufacturers advise not to use too much steam as it can leave watermarks and other damage.
However, this doesn’t work when you are dealing with rough and set-in stains. They sometimes require more effort to loosen up. This results in more steam, which only creates more mess.
What are Steam Cleaners Good for?
Steam cleaner manufacturers market them as multipurpose cleaners. They claim that their units are perfect to use on carpets, rugs and upholstery. However, this is not the case. In our experience, these cleaners work best for hard surfaces such as tiles, slate, ceramic, hardwood, grills, linoleum, etc. In short, they are best suited for any surface that is not prone to steam damage.
In conclusion, there are many different types of stain removers available in the market. The best carpet and upholstery cleaner for you depends on your needs. If you want a carpet spot cleaner for regular use, the Bissell 2694 is the best choice. It will keep the process quick and thorough. You can keep it close and use it whenever needed.
However, if you want a cordless portable cleaner with some extraordinary features, the Bissell 1570 is an excellent choice. This works great as a vehicle detailing unit. You can take it where you want and keep it in the car for emergency on-road spills.
Whereas, if you are a pet owner and looking for a perfect cleaner to remove all your pet stains, hair and odor. You should probably get Bissell 2458. It comes with pet-specific tools. One of them is a stain trapper tool. This tool keeps all pet fluids trapped inside itself, keeping them from entering inside your machine. Similarly, if you would prefer a cordless pet stain remover, Bissell’s cordless pet strainer is the best choice.