My Top Picks
Best Overall - Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine (FH50150)
Best Professional Grade - Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner
Best Compact - BISSELL Little Green ProHeat
Best Portable - BISSELL 3624 SpotClean Professional
Best Budget - Hoover PowerDash (FH50700) Pet Compact Carpet Cleaner
Best High-End - BISSELL 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Carpet Cleaner
Best For Pets - BISSELL Turboclean Powerbrush (2085)
Best For Deep Clean - BISSELL 3624 SpotClean Professional
Best for Easy Use - Hoover Smartwash Automatic (FH52000) Carpet Cleaner
This is my complete guide on the best carpet cleaners of 2020.
In my comprehensive guide, you'll discover :
- My list of the best carpet shampoers for the year 2020 - listed by categories,
- The reasons of my choice,
In short : if you want to be guided in your choice, you'll love my article.
10 Best Carpet Cleaning Machines : My Review
The Hoover Power Scrub FH50150 is my top pick for the best overall carpet cleaner.
This carpet cleaner is perfect for deep cleaning and has a reasonable price.
It’s performance it at the top thanks to its SpinScrub brush system.
- It reaches the fibers of the carpet at all angles for a deep cleaning wash.
- It is a lightweight carpet cleaner : it weighs no more than 18 pounds
- It comes with an eight-foot hose and upholstery tool. Very useful to reach hard-to-reach places and stairs.
- The Hoover FH50150 tank is very easy to fill, clean, and empty. It has the capacity for 1 gallon of water and there are no tools required for cleaning.
- The Dual V nozzle of the Hoover Power Scrub FH50150 gives you equal suction to all surfaces with a quick and easy motion.
- The drying time is really fast on this cleaner thanks to the forced heated air.
There are 4 easy-to-access handles that allows for easy transportation.
With your purchase, you will also get a crevice tool and a sample bottle of solution to start cleaning.
But you can use simple water, homemade detergent or other detergent that you buy separately to clean with this carpet cleaner.
But...how does it work?
The wash/rinse selector will wash your carpets with the soap and then rinse with heated water once you are ready to remove the soap residue.
The best part ?
The automatic mixing technology allows the cleaner to give the right amount of both detergent and water for the best cleaning results. Also, rather than the brushes rotating, they individually spin for the best performance.
So...to me, the Hoover FH50150 is a good choice as an efficient carpet cleaner and for a great price.
You can buy additional cleaning solution here :
The Rug Doctor is a professional quality carpet cleaner that lifts off deep stains.
This is why I choose it to be the best professional cleaner of my list.
- This deep clean carpet cleaner has 75% more suction than other models.
- Your carpet can dry in less than 4 hours.
- The Rug Doctor only weighs 37.4 pounds, which is pretty good for a commercial cleaner.
- This carpet cleaner uses dual brushed to get in deep inside of the carpet fibers. For more results, you cay use the special Rug Doctor solution,
- There is an upholstery tool that comes with the Rug Doctor to help you cleaning in small areas such as couches, chairs and those hard-to-reach corners.
- Ther boost spray option allows you to clean high traffic areas that need the added attention such as : coffee or pet stains, juice or wine, or even old stains.
- This carpet cleaner is efficient : it won't leave water under the carpets for mold and mildew to form. You can tackle stains and pet odors with this carpet cleaner with ease.
What makes the Rug Doctor deep carpet cleaner so particulear is its red and white design. You can easily recognize it.
The best part ?
This cleaner received the gold certification by The Carpet and Rug Institute in 2014, assessing the performance of the cleaner.
So, if you are looking for a professional cleaner that you can use at home at a low price, the Rug Doctor is a smart choice.
This Bissell Grenn ProHeat carpet cleaner is a 13-pound compact cleaner.
Although it's little, the Bissell does the job when it comes to cleaning up stubborn stains, which makes it the best compact carpet cleaner of my list.
- This little carpet cleaner gives your floors a great deep cleaning action with its powerful spray and suction technology.
- All in one step, you can suction clean the area and then help dry it.
- In the Bissell Little Green ProHeat, there is a built-in hot-water heater for better results than regular cleaners that don’t have that feature.
- There are also separate clean and dirty water tanks.
- The flexible hose and tough-stain brush make it easier for your to clean those hard-to-reach places with ease.
- There’s also a crevice spraying tool that allows you to tackle those stairs and corners.
What I like the most is that "The Little Green" gets its name from the fact that the it's made from 50% recycled plastic.
So, in addition to being efficient and practical, it's an eco-friendly appliance.
But... don't be fooled by appearances:
- First : this is not a steam cleaner.
- Second : even if it's a compact carpet cleaner, it's not portable. This is why I don't recommend to carry it while using it.
Overall, this carpet cleaner is a powerful handy and compact cleaner that you can carry from room to room with ease.
You can combine this machine with the following carpet shampooers :
If you’re looking for an affordable portable option, then I suggest you the Bissell 3624.
- It weighs only 17 pounds and has a 22-foot power cord. This makes it a long cord for whole house cleaning without having to plug it in a bunch of times.
- This portable spot cleaner removes tough stains from stairs, carpets, upholstery and area rugs.
- With the Bissell, you will get a 5-flex hose that helps clean away those spots and hard-to-reach places throughout your home.
- Included accessories are 6-inch stair tool and 3-inch tough stain tool.
- You will also get a sample bottle with 8oz of deep cleaning formula for carpet spray. Once you fill it, all you need to do is plug it in and turn it on for foolproof operation.
- With its ¾ gallon tank capacity, you can do more cleaning without having to run back and forth to the sink.
- This carpet cleaner is powerful.
I personally have not used it.
But users absolutely love how awesome it works on tough stains.
Besides, it is lightweight and portable enough for everybody to operate with ease. If you have back pain like me, you'll enjoy it.
All in all, this carpet cleaner is a good option if you're looking for a portable carpet cleaner at a reasonable price.
Here is an instructional video on how this cleaner works:
The Hoover PowerDash (FH50700) is a great budget handheld carpet cleaner.
It even falls in my category of the best carpet cleaner under $100.
In fact :
- In addition to be affordable, it is both cordless AND easy to use.
- This handy carpet cleaner has a 15-minute run time and comes with a battery inside.
- This stationary cleaner brush helps get soiled spots lifted up while sucking debris up through the nozzle. It’s also a great odor removal tool for carpets.
- The Hoover PowerDash (FH50700) has a dual tank system that leaves you with an easy-fill option for their carpet cleaner. One tank is for clean water and solution, while the other tank collects all of the gross gunk that comes out of your carpets.
What I like about this carpet cleaner, it's that it is quite cheap, so it works with nearly everybody’s budget.
Moreover, this mighty cleaner is perfect for emergency spills and stains that have unfortunately hit your carpet.
Overall, it's a surprising carpet cleaner by its size and efficiency.
Here is a demo from the manufacturer
Want to take a look at some other options? See our guide to the best budget vacuums.
The Bissell Big Green is a high quality carpet cleaner that blows other high-end performance carpet cleaner out of the water.
If you are looking for a durable carpet cleaner, I suggest you invest in this one.
For the following reasons:
- This carpet cleaner washes your carpets and removes dirt and stains from deep down within the carpets.
- The Bissell carpet cleaner is suitable for larger homes. It has a large capacity tank that allows you to minimize the number of times you need to fill it up in the sink or tub
- It features an extra-large DirtLifter PowerBrush that gives you powerful suction for dirt lifting power.
- You can use it on upholstery, carpets, low carpets, and stairs.
- This carpet cleaner weighs 51-pounds, so it may not be best for those who can’t lift heavy objects.
- This Bissell appliance cleans with a forward and backward pass, which reduces the amount of time you will spend cleaning. It also allows for the carpet to dry quicker with this method.
- There’s also a long 25-foot cord for extra reach and convenience when it comes to maneuverability.
- Final, there is a 5-year warranty on this a cleaner.
All in all, this carpet cleaner is a sturdy and durable cleaner machine.
Althought expensive, the combinaison of all its features makes it to me the best high-end performance carpet cleaner.
Reviewers also love the large amount of surface area that it covers with just one tank of water.
Unfortunately, they also report that the machine may leak dirty water, which seems to be a common occurrence with Bissell products.
You can combine this appliance with the following Bissell cleaners:
This carpet cleaner is the best option for cleaning up pet messes from your floor.
And for a good reason :
The Bissell specializes in stains that resulted from a pets accident. It is also ideal for cleaning whole homes that may have stains in more than one spot.
- The heatwave technology assists the machine to maintain a consistent water temperature throughout the whole cleaning process.
- There are 12 rows of dual rotating brushes that get down inside of the carpet for a deeper clean.
- The 3-inch tough stain attachment also helps break up those deep down stains and bring them to the surface with its powerful suction.
- This cleaner is ideal for stairs, area rugs, and other hard-to-reach places.
- The whole unit includes the 3-inch brush, a 3-year warranty, a deep reach tool, pet hair collection basket, and a trial sized bottle of Bissell’s formula.
- It it has an edge sweep brush, which helps clean along baseboard for a perfect edge-to-edge cleaning with surround suction which helps it to dry fast.
- There’s also the pet reach tool made from rubber pins that send the formula down into the very bottom of the stain to help loosen stuck on dirt and other debris.
This cleaner is adapted to pet owners thanks to its assortments of accessories it comes with.
Futhermore, many of the reviewers boast of its powerful pet stain lifting features.
They love that it can eliminate pet smells as well.
However, as with most other Bissell vacuum cleaners, there are complaints of leaking tanks, both dirty water and clean.
The Hoover carpet & hardwood floor carpet cleaner works on BOTH carpets and hardwood floors.
This is why I elected it the best multitasker carpet shampooer of my list.
- This machine can clean everything from hardwood flooring to shag rug. This will even take the place of mopping.
- The Hoover carpet & hardwood floor cleaner is designed to get deep into the carpet and hardwood floor surfaces of your home to clean tough stains.
- The SpinScrub technology gives your flooring a 360 degree clean and loosens dirt gently to clean all sides of the carpet and upholstery fibers.
- The mixing system automatically mixes the correct amounts of detergent with water for the best cleaning results.
- The dual tank system gives you the ability to clean your carpets with soap and water and then rinse your carpets with only water to remove any and all residue.
- The powerful 12-amp motor gives you all of the power you could possibly need to make your floors spotless.
- The SpinScrub hand tool is something pretty cool. It allows you to clean your bathroom, shower doors, and much more. These attachments are handy for getting into those hard-to-reach places. There’s also an upholstery extension tool that allows you to clean furniture with a quick drying time.
This carpet shampooer is a perfect option if you have carpets and hardwood surfaces in your home.
Lots of reviewers find that this machine is a great multitasker.
They love how it leaves the carpets barely damp when done and does a fantastic job of getting stains out the first time.
The only issue most users had is that the tank would leak if not placed properly.
Here is the list of features and accessories:
If you’re looking for the best for deep cleaning, but are on a budget, this Bissell Powerlifter is a smart choice.
For more features:
- This full-sized carpet cleaner features 4 rows of dual rotating dirt lifting power brushes. These brushes rotate and scrub to lift away dirt and stains that vacuums alone can’t reach.
- There is a 2-in-1 tank that allows you to easily fill and empty in a sink, toilet, or tub.
- The cleaning path is a whopping 11-inches and really helps to remove deep-down stains and dirt with just some hot tap water and carpet shampoo.
- The whole machine is easy-to-use and has powerful suction to remove embedded dirt.
- There’s also nozzle that you can remove, lint screen, and a built-in measuring cup for your convenience.
- With the purchase of the carpet cleaner, you get a 1-year warranty.
This carpet shampooer is a great machine to deep clean your carpet : it has powerful suction and cleaning features.
Most users love the ease-of-use and simplicity.
The only downfall to this machine is that the suction would stop after a few uses for some reviewers.
Discover how to use a Bissell Carpet Cleaner thanks to this video:
The Hoover Smartwash Automatic is a great carpet-cleaning machine, remarkable for its ease of use.
In terms of features:
- This professional-like machine has 12 rows of dual rotating power brushes.
- The Hoover Smartwash Automatic features HeatWave technology. This helps the machine maintain the water temperature throughout the whole cleaning process.
- There are also edge sweep brushes that allow the Hoover Smartwash Automatic to reach the tightest edges of carpets against walls.
- The power of the this carpet cleaner make it ideal for upholstery, cars and carpets.
- This appliance can use biodegradable detergents.
- It has a pet collection basket that keeps all of the pet hair separate from everything else. This machine can maneuver well around corners and throughout the home.
- In short : This is definitely a great machine for maneuverability and pet stain removal.
Users report this cleaner as one of the easiest to use. You can use it with water or with Hoover cleaning solution.
Hoover recommend these carpet shampoos in particular :
Overall, if you're looking for a practical machine to clean your carpet, you'll love this Hoover Smartwash Automatic carpet cleaner.
Now I Would Like To Hear From You...
I hope you enjoyed my complete guide on the best carpet cleaners of 2020.
Combine it with my homemade carpet cleaner recipe and you'll have the perfect combo!
Now I would like to hear from you :
- Have you tested one of the carpet cleaner of my list ?
- What is your input ?
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below.
|Product Image||Product Name||Key Features|
|Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe|
|Bissell Big Green||Weight|
Over 1 Gallon
|Bissell Deep Clean||Weight|
|Hoover Carpet & Hardwood||Weight|
|Bissell DeepClean Premier|
|Bissell Little Green||Weight|