My Top Picks
- Best Overall - Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine (FH50150)
- Best Professional Grade - Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner
- Best Compact - BISSELL Little Green ProHeat
- Best Value - BISSELL 3624 SpotClean Professional
- Best Budget - Bissell SpotLifter 2x Portable Deep Carpet Cleaner 1719
- Best High-End - BISSELL 86T3/86T3Q Big Green Deep Cleaning Carpet Cleaner
- Best For Pets - BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner
- Best Multitasker - Hoover F7452900PC Carpet and Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Best For Deep Clean - BISSELL PowerLifter PowerBrush Upright Carpet Cleaner and Shampooer
- Best for Easy Use - BISSELL DeepClean Premier Pet Carpet Cleaner
The Hoover Power Scrub FH50150 is my top pick for the best overall carpet cleaner.
Because : this carpet cleaner is perfect for deep cleaning and has a reasonable price.
- Its performance is at the high thanks to its SpinScrub brush system.
- It reaches the fibers of the carpet at all angles for a deep cleaning wash.
- This lightweight system weighs no more than 18 pounds. And there is an eight-foot hose and upholstery tool that you can use on hard-to-reach places and stairs. You will also get the crevice tool, and a sample bottle of cleaning solution.
- The Dual V nozzle of the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe gives you equal suction to all surfaces with a quick and smooth motion.
- There are 4 easy-to-access handles on this carpet cleaning machine that allows for easy transportation.
- Also, rather than the brushes rotating, they individually spin for the best performance.
- The Hoover FH50150 dirty water tank is straightforward to fill, clean, and empty. It has the capacity for 1 gallon of water.
- The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe uses pure water and detergent that you can buy separately. It rinses water out of the cleaned carpets to better remove residue and lift stains. The drying time is also faster on this cleaner, thanks to the forced heated air.
So...whether you’ve just washed up carpets after a house trained animal that left pet urine on your floor or you’re just freshening up the carpets, the Hoover FH50150 is a great choice as the lightest upright carpet cleaner.
The Rug Doctor is a professional quality carpet cleaner that lifts off deep stains.
This is why I choose it to be the best professional cleaning machine of my list.
- You can tackle stains and pet odors with this carpet cleaner with ease.
- This deep clean machine has 75 percent more suction than most other comparable tools. In other words : your cleaned carpet will be dryer in a quicker amount of time.
- Once you wash your carpets with the unique Rug Doctor cleaning solution, you will see bright and dry carpets in 4-hours.
- The Rug Doctor only weighs 37.4 pounds, which is pretty good for a commercial machine.
It uses dual brushed to get in deep inside of the carpet fibers.
- As a bonus, there is an upholstery tool that comes with the Rug Doctor. It gives you the ability to clean your couches, chairs, and those hard-to-reach corners.
- There is also a super boost spray option that can clean those high traffic areas.
All in all, the Rug Doctor is a smart choice if you have large areas in your home that have a lot of soil on them.
Moreover, this carpet cleaner received the Gold certification in 2014 from The Carpet and Rug Institute. This certification attests to the effectiveness of carpet-specific cleaning products.
And the Rug doctor falls under the "deep cleaning carpet cleaner" category.
If you are one to clean your carpets continually, I recommend you to invest in this Rug Doctor rather than calling a professional carpet cleaner.
Here is a video on how to use a Rug Doctor from the manufacturer:
This Bissell Little Green is a compact and lightweight carpet cleaner.
Thanks to its Heatwave technology, the Bissell does the job when it comes to cleaning up stubborn stains, which makes it the best compact carpet cleaner of my list.
- This rug cleaning machine will give your floors a great deep cleaning action with its powerful spray and suction technology. All in one step, you can suction clean the area and then help dry it.
- In the Bissell ProHeat, there is a built-in hot-water heater for better results than regular cleaners that don’t have that feature.
- There are also separate clean and dirty water tanks. The flexible hose and tough stain brush make it easier for you to clean those hard-to-reach places with ease. There’s also a crevice spraying tool that allows you to tackle those stairs and corners.
- This carpet cleaner is perfect to clean small spaces.
The Little Green gets its name from the fact that the machine is made from 50% recycled plastic.
Although, don't be fool by appearances :
- The BISSELL Little Green is not a steam cleaner
- It's a portable carpet cleaner, but I recommend you leave it during use.
All in all, it is a handy and compact cleaner that you can carry from room to room with ease.
This home cleaning tool has good suction power, and it does an excellent job of an eco-friendly model.
If you’re looking for an affordable portable option, then I suggest you the Bissell 3624.
- It weighs only 17 pounds and has a 22-foot for whole-house cleaning without having to plug it in a bunch of times.
- This compact spot cleaner by Bissell removes tough stains from stairs, carpets and upholstery. It is also an excellent device for those animal mishaps if you have pets.
- With the Bissell, you will get a 5-flex hose that helps clean away those ots and hard-to-reach places throughout your home.
- Included accessories are 6-inch stair tool and 3-inch robust stain removal tool. You will also get a sample bottle with 8oz of deep cleaning formula for carpet spray. Once you fill it, all you need to do is plug it in and turn it on for foolproof operation.
- This rug cleaning machine packs a punch when it comes to suction. The mighty suction power removes those tough stains and stubborn spots, whether it’s on carpets, stairs, area rugs or in your car.
- When combined with its scrubbing action, it also removes embedded dirt from multiple surfaces. With its ¾ gallon tank capacity, you can do more cleaning without having to run back and forth to the sink.
Here is an instructional video on how to use the BISSELL SpotClean:
The Bissell SpotLifter is a great budget carpet cleaner.
It even falls in my category of the best carpet cleaner under $100.
- It’s quite cheap, so it works with nearly everybody’s budget.
- It's a portable and handeld carpet cleaner. It's ideal for small spaces.
- This handy carpet cleaner has a 15-minute run time with the battery that is inside.
- This little mighty machine is perfect for those emergency spills and stains that have unfortunately hit your carpet.
- The stationary cleaner brush helps get those soiled spots lifted up while sucking debris up through the nozzle. It’s also a great odor removal tool for carpets.
- The Bissell SpotLifter has a dual tank system that leaves users with an easy-fill option for their carpet cleaner. One tank is for clean water and solution, while the other tank collects all of the gross gunk that comes out of your carpets.
Want to take a look at some other options? See our guide to the best budget vacuums.
The Bissell Big Green is a high quality carpet cleaner that blows other high-end performance carpet cleaner out of the water.
If you are looking for a durable carpet cleaner, I suggest you invest in this one.
And for good reasons:
- This particular cleaner washes your carpets and removes dirt and stains from deep down within the carpets.
- The Bissell carpet cleaner machine is the best carpet cleaner for larger homes. It has a large capacity tank that allows you to minimize the number of times you need to fill it up in the sink or tub.
- It features an extra-large DirtLifter PowerBrush that gives you powerful suction for spectacular dirt lifting power.
- You can use it on upholstery, carpets, low carpets, and stairs. This carpet cleaner weighs 51-pounds, so it may not be best for those who can’t lift heavy objects.
- As with most machines, the Bissell appliance cleans with a forward and backward pass, which reduces the amount of time you will spend cleaning. It also allows for the carpet to dry quicker with this method.
- There is a very generous 5-year warranty on this a particular cleaner.
- There’s also a long 25-foot cord for extra reach and convenience when it comes to maneuverability.
Combining it with the following cleaning solution, and you'll get the perfect combo:
This carpet cleaner is the best option for cleaning up pet messes from your floor.
And for a good reason :
- The Bissell specializes in stains that resulted from a pets accident.
- The heatwave technology assists the machine in maintaining a consistent water temperature between stains sessions.
- There are 12 rows of dual rotating brushes that get down inside of the carpet for a deeper clean. The 3-inch robust stain attachment also helps break up those deep-down stains and bring them to the surface with its powerful suction.
- It is ideal for stairs, area rugs, and other hard-to-reach places.
- The whole unit includes : 3-inch brush, a 3-year warranty, a deep reach tool, a pet hair collection basket, and a trial sized bottle of Bissell’s formula.
- One of the most helpful features of this Bissell pet hair carpet cleaner is that it has an edge sweep brush. This carpet cleaner for pets helps clean along baseboard for a perfect edge-to-edge cleaning with surround suction, which allows it to dry fast.
- There’s also the pet hair reach tool made from rubber pins that send the formula down into the very bottom of the carpet stain to help loosen stuck-on dirt and other debris.
With the Bissell DeepClean Premier pet carpet cleaner, you get superior pet-stain odor removal compared to other carpet cleaners.
Many of the reviewers boast of its powerful pet stain lifting features. They love that it can eliminate pet smells as well.
The Hoover carpet & hardwood floor carpet cleaner works on BOTH carpets and hardwood floors.
This is why I elected it the best multitasker carpet shampooer of my list.
- The Hoover carpet & hardwood floor carpet cleaner works on everything from hardwood flooring to shag rug. It will even take the place of mopping if you invest in one of these machines.
- The Hoover carpet & hardwood floor cleaner is efficient to get deep into the carpet and hardwood floor surfaces of your home to clean tough carpet stains. The SpinScrub technology gives your flooring a 360 degree clean.
- It loosens dirt gently to clean all sides of the carpet and upholstery fibers. The mixing system automatically mixes the correct amounts of detergent with water for the best cleaning results.
- The dual tank system gives you the ability to clean your carpets with soap and water. Then rinse your carpets with only water to remove any residue. The powerful 12-amp motor gives you all of the power you could possibly need to make your floors spotless.
- The SpinScrub hand tool is practical. It allows you to clean your bathroom or shower doors. These attachments are handy for getting into those hard-to-reach places.
- There’s also an upholstery extension tool that allows you to clean furniture with quick drying time.
This cleaning machine is a great multitasker: it is perfect for cleaning hardwood floors and rug area.
What more could you ask for?
Users love how it leaves the carpets barely damp when done. It is particularly efficient of getting stains out the first time.
If you’re looking for the best for deep cleaning, but are on a budget, this Bissell Powerlifter is a smart choice.
- This full-sized carpet cleaner features 4 rows of dual rotating dirt lifting power brushes. These brushes rotate and scrub to lift away dirt and carpet stains that vacuums alone can’t reach.
- There is a 2-in-1 tank that allows you to quickly fill and empty in a sink, toilet, or tub.
- The cleaning path is a whopping 11-inches and helps to remove deep-down stains and dirt with just some hot tap water and carpet shampoo.
- The whole rug cleaning machine is easy-to-use and has some pretty powerful suction to remove embedded dirt. There’s also nozzle that you can remove, a lint screen, and a built-in measuring cup for your convenience.
- Not only that but with the purchase of the carpet cleaner, you get a 1-year warranty.
The Bissell DeepClean is a great carpet-cleaning machine, remarkable for its ease of use.
- This professional-like machine offers a fantastic cleaning experience with its twelve rows of dual rotating power brushes.
- The Bissell DeepClean features HeatWave technology. This helps the machine maintain the water temperature throughout the whole carpet cleaning session.
- There are also edge sweep brushes that allow the Bissell DeepClean to reach the tightest edges of carpets against walls.
- The power of this carpet cleaner make it ideal for upholstery, rug area and car’s carpet.
- This appliance can use biodegradable detergents and has a pet collection basket that keeps all of the pet hair separate from everything else.
- This machine can maneuver well around corners and throughout the home.
Most of the users love the fact that there’s a very powerful suction that comes from it.
It’s a great cleaning machine that can maneuver around the home with ease. Unfortunately, there are issues with it leaking from the tanks.
[2020 update] : this carpet cleaner no longer seems to be sold on amazon.com. I advise you to turn to this model BISSELL DeepClean Deluxe Pet Carpet Cleaner and Shampooer very similar in terms of functionality