In today’s review, I’ll give you my list of the best carpet cleaners of 2021. In my review, you’ll discover:
- my complete list and the reasons for my classification
- their best features
- Lot’s more
So if you’re looking for the best carpet cleaning machines, adapted to your needs, you’ll enjoy my review. Let’s dive in.
My Top Picks
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner takes the first place for the best overall thanks to its strong suction and deep cleaning abilities.
- This high-quality carpet cleaner allows an equal and robust suction on carpets thanks to its Dual V Nozzle feature.
- According to users, this strongest carpet cleaner gets all of the dirt and grime out of carpets, making it an ideal cleaning machine for deep cleaning.
- The included 8-foot hose and upholstery tool permits to deep clean stairs and hard-to-reach areas, making it an excellent versatile rug cleaner. This is a real advantage when buying a carpet cleaner, bringing together several usages in one single appliance.
- Weighing less than 19 pounds, this makes it one of the lightest carpet cleaners. You’ll be able to clean on different floors and in different rooms without breaking your back.
- Also, if you’re tired to empty and reset the tank, again and again, its 1-gallon large capacity of the dirty water tank will let you clean huge areas of carpet without stopping.
- Likewise, if you’re worried about leaving the carpets wet, worry no more. This most efficient rug cleaner uses heated drying to dry the carpets faster.
Whereas you may experience water tank leaking issues, the Hoover carpet cleaner comes with a 2 years comprehensive warranty.
All in all, customers love the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner for its incredible efficiency, a wide range of accessories, and large capacity of the water tank. They experience pleasant and effortless cleaning sessions and remove the toughest stains from their carpets.
Now that we know about the top in general, let’s take a look at the next example of an affordable cleaning tool.
If you’re looking for a carpet cleaner with a tighter budget, I recommend the Hoover PowerDash Carpet Cleaner.
For a reasonable price, you’ll obtain excellent attributes in a small rug cleaning machine.
- First of all, the manufacturer made sure to design a compact carpet cleaner, making the storage easy in any space for this kind of appliance.
- With a weight of fewer than 13 lbs, it’s easy to take out, put away, and move. Unlike other models, you’ll be able to clean under your furniture with ease.
- Even though this budget-friendly model is small and compact, the manufacturer says it boasts twice the cleaning power than competing lightweight carpet cleaners.
- Thanks to its PowerSpin Pet Brush Roll, this economical carpet cleaner is perfectly great for homes with pets, kids, or anything else that is likely to make a frequent mess such as high-traffic areas.
- Plus, this carpet cleaner has dual tanks – keeping clean and dirty water separated – and a removable nozzle for easy upkeep and maintenance.
Some users regret that this carpet shampooer is not intended for large areas. Indeed, its 0,5 gallons water tanks (each) will make you refill and empty them multiple times.
Overall, customers don’t regret their purchase. For a low price, they are satisfied with this carpet cleaner for its compact design, strong suction, and ease of use.
But what if you need something a lot more powerful? Let’s have a look at the top professional model of carpet cleaner.
If you’re looking for a professional carpet cleaner, then the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner is for you.
This carpet cleaner is the top expert because of its strength and effectiveness.
- Manufactured with 75% additional suction power than other cleaning devices, you may easily invest in it instead of calling a professional carpet cleaner or renting a machine.
- In 2014, it even received the Gold certification from The Carpet and Rug Institute.
- Furthermore, its quick-dry feature makes one of the best performances in terms of drying. Indeed, some users reported that their thickest and shaggiest carpets got dried in four hours (and even less for some).
- While the Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner is on the bigger side, the hose and included attachments make cleaning corners, stairs, and crevices easy.
- The lift-out tanks make using it easy to use, and the collapsible design makes it easy to store, too.
The downside is the upholstery tool supposed to spot clean carpet stains or small areas. Several reviews highlighted an issue with the cleaning fluid flow: this one is not dispended enough when using the attachment.
Also, even if this is a powerful carpet cleaner, this is NOT a commercial machine. The intended usage is for individuals.
In short, customers enjoy using the Rug Doctor because it brings all of the strength and efficiency of a professional-grade carpet cleaner without the hassle or difficulties.
Now that we’ve seen how the pros do it, let’s look at an option for deep and thorough cleaning action.
Read Full Review: Rug Doctor Deep Carpet Cleaner Review
If you’re on the lookout for an excellent deep cleaning machine, the Bissell Big Green is the one to choose.
Unlike vacuum cleaners, carpet cleaners provide a suitable deep clean on carpets.
That’s particularly true for the Bissell Big Green.
- Due to its Extra-Large DirtLifter PowerBrush, its powerful scrubbing action will remove deeply embedded dirt in rug areas.
- Built with powerful motors, it offers exceptional effectiveness when it comes to suction. In particular to remove tough stains and soiling.
- Plus, its 2 huge tanks with a capacity at 1.75 gallons each means that you can clean for a long time before you have to stop to refill the tank.
- Even though it has big tanks and is a heavy-duty cleaner, the handheld attachment works exceptionally well. This way, you’ll clean the edges of your carpet with ease.
- When purchasing this carpet cleaner, you’ll also get some of a professionally made carpet cleaning solution, protecting carpets from future stains.
This cleaning machine has however inconvenient.
Quite pricy, users don’t recommend using hot water when using it, otherwise, the flow indicator will stop working. And leak.
The 5 years warranty can however comfort you.
And even if some reviewers disapprove that this deep cleaning machine misses spots, they’re overall extremely satisfied.
The cleaning process is quite easy, carpets are relatively cleaned and dry, making this professional-like machine worth its high price.
So, you’ve seen the best in getting out tough stains. Now let’s look at the best portable carpet cleaner.
If you want to spot clean your auto interior, RV, or boat, stairs, or occasional pet messes, the Bissell SpotClean Carpet Cleaner is the perfect portable carpet cleaner for you.
- This appliance is a terrific handy model because even though it’s easy to move around, it packs a serious punch.
- In fact, its suction is comparable to other bigger and bulkier models.
- Plus, the five-foot hose makes it easy to clean stairs, upholstery, furniture, and vehicles without any hassle. This means that you can easily reach anywhere and lift up stubborn stains.
- Besides, you can use a mix of heated water and a specialized professional cleaning solution (a trial size is provided with your purchase) to lift stains off of your carpets, furniture, and vehicle for more results.
Even if its tank has a small capacity, users describe that this is well enough for small cleaning jobs. On the other hand, some have experienced issues with the hose stopping to spray water.
All in all, people love the Bissell SpotClean Carpet Cleaner because of its portable design which in no way ruins its performance.
Here is an instructional video on how to use the BISSELL SpotClean:
What about the perfect carpet cleaner for a home with pets? Well, here you can see your best option.
If you love your pets but hate the messes they make, then the TruboClean Bissell Powerbrush Pet Carpet Shampooer is for you.
And for good reasons:
- This top-notch carpet cleaner for pet stain is perfect for getting rid of pet hair, stains from accidents, and pet odors.
- This carpet cleaner is equipped with a four-row DirtLifter PowerBrush and powerful suction, which allows it to tackle even the oldest and most ground-in pet stains.
- Plus, with its 12 pounds, this cleaning machine is the most lightweight of my list.
- And, the collapsible handle makes this model easy to store, since it doesn’t take up too much space.
- The removable nozzle and two tank water system also make it a breeze to clean and look after.
Combining it with the following cleaning solution, and you’ll get the perfect combo:
Best of all, Bissell donates to help homeless animals every time a purchase of their product is made. In addition, to be affordable, the whole process of cleaning up after your pet is super easy with this pet carpet shampooer
But what if you are looking for a steam cleaner instead? Let’s find out the model up to the challenge in the market.
The most reliable steam cleaner on my list is without a doubt the Bissell Proheat 2x revolution Carpet Cleaner.
For the following reasons:
- This steam carpet cleaner uses only heated water to get out the toughest stains around your home and vehicle. It doesn’t need any cleaning solution or harmful chemicals: the steam cleaner heats up and agitates the stains. Then, the machine sucks them away.
- This heating cleaning process is perfect for totally eliminating bacteria. This means that you’re stopping the causes of nasty odors right at the source.
- But wouldn’t that leave your carpets and upholstery wet? Nope. The Deep Clean Mode and improved Express Clean Mode of this steamer get your carpets dry in about 30 minutes. Which is way faster than the time it takes more traditional carpet cleaning machines to get carpets dry.
- There’s also the option to use a pretreating solution, which you can apply easily to exactly the spot where it’s needed. This feature makes the all-around best choice for a full-size carpet steam machine.
Some users are disappointed about the fact that it doesn’t include an in-built heater. Others say that it has a poor design.
Overall, they agree that the Bissell Proheat is a great steam cleaner because it combines the heat and agitating action to lift out stains without having to use a lot of cleaning solution.
Last but not least, I’ll review the easiest device to use of my list.
Read Full Review: Bissell ProHeat 2X Revolution Pet Pro Carpet Cleaner Review
If you’re a fan of automation and want an easy-to-use rug cleaner, the Hoover Smartwash (FH52000) Automatic Carpet Cleaner is your best option.
In fact, this cleaning device has a bunch of automated features.
- First, the Automatic Cleaning Technology feature makes the cleaning process very easy: to clean your carpet you just have to push the machine. To dry it then, you just have to pull it back. And that’s it.
- Plus, the Auto-clean Motion Sensing design allows you to get every last bit of your carpets clean without having to guess what’s already cleaned and what’s not.
- The Auto-dry feature uses HeatForce technology to get your carpets nice and dry every single time.
- The convenient Auto-mix and Flexforce Powerbrushes feature work together to strictly mix the right amount of cleaning solution, bringing the maximum level of clean to your carpets.
- The dual tank system also allows for long cleaning times and ease of maintenance.
Ok, the rollers may stop working. But when this happened to some users, they admitted to falling in love anyway with this device.
All of these practical features make the Hoover Smartwash super easy to operate and maintain, which is why it’s the top easy to use carpet cleaner for most reviewers.
Well, that just about covers every high carpet cleaner in all of the categories. But what should you be looking for when it’s time to buy a new carpet cleaner?
Key Features of a Great Carpet Cleaner
When you’re looking to buy a carpet cleaner, there are a few key features that you need to keep in mind. These aspects truly separate the high-quality carpet cleaners from the rest.
Before you buy a carpet cleaner, you should ask yourself these questions:
Where do I want to use it ?
If you want to use your carpet cleaner in several different rooms, or even in your car, you should go for a lightweight model. This will allow you to easily move the machine throughout the house for hassle-free cleaning.
How grimy is the carpet I want to clean?
- If you’re looking at a filthy carpet, you’ll want a carpet cleaner with deep cleaning abilities. This means that it’ll get your carpets looking like new!
- If you have pets (dog or cats), don’t forget that pet hair will be a huge factor in how dirty your floors get. Be sure to take a look at models designed especially for cleaning up pet hair!
- If you have kids, you know how easy it is for things to get messy. Consider getting a more thorough stain removing model, or even a steam mop, spot cleaner, to really fight all the grime that the kids bring to the house.
How frequently will I use the carpet cleaner ?
- If you’re planning to use the carpet cleaner on a reasonably regular basis, be sure to also factor in the cost of replacing any cleaning solutions or other materials that are required for the machine.
- Also, be sure to consider how high traffic the area is in your home. High traffic areas will need to be cleaned more frequently, so you should find an easy to store model for frequent and easy cleaning.
Where will I keep my carpet cleaner?
You need to think about the storage space in your home before investing in a carpet cleaner.
Will it fit in the closet? Or do you have enough room in the garage?
Make sure you have a place to keep it before you buy it!
Will a standard household model be enough?
- If the space that you’re trying to clean is unusually high traffic or prone to stains and spills, you should consider buying a professional model of carpet cleaner.
- If you’re looking to clean a commercial space, a professional carpet cleaner will help you keep your area up to cleanliness standards in a cinch!
Be sure to carefully consider your answers to all of these questions before you go ahead and buy a carpet cleaner. All of these factors will make or break your decision.
In order to choose the best carpet cleaner for your needs, carefully consider all of your options.